a rich congregational life we share! May each person
and family take their place in extending the love of
God to others - Growing this congregation. God will
surely guide us as we seek to be faithful servants,
witnesses and workers in our time."
Rev. James B. Shuler
Grove Presbyterian Church dates back to 1857 although, families
began worshipping in 1851 in private homes and later in the
Pine Grove School House.
in what is now Thompson Road and Route 74, the stone one and
a half story meeting house was named the "Lower Chanceford
Presbyterian Church" but soon changed to "Pine Grove"
taking it's name from a grove of large virgin pines towering
October 30th, 1857 seven individuals, three men and four women
offered certificates of membership to form the nucleus of the
1885 much needed repairs to the original building were considered
then abandoned, when an influx of members from Chanceford Church
spurred interest in a new centrally located building.
near Sunnyburn the new church, filled to capacity, was dedicated
on August 10, 1886 as a house of worship.
Grove Church in Sunnyburn/Airville
4263 Delta Road, Airville PA 17302